Friday, May 13, 2011

Ready for take off!

In about 13 hours I will be boarding my flight to head to Costa Rica for almost a month. I currently have everything laid out on my bed besides my clothes because I have no idea what kind of clothes to pack. I will be leaving Wilmington at 4:00 in the morning and Bradley will be dropping me off at the Myrtle Beach airport and away I will go!

I am feeling nervous, excited and anxious for my trip. I am excited to get there see the scenery because I am sure it is very different from the United States. I am a bit nervous to stay with my host family only because I am not quite confident in my spanish speaking skills and I wonder how well we will be able to communicate. I am also quite nervous for the amount of bugs, snakes, and spiders that I fear to encounter! I have packed pictures of my friends and family so they will be able to see a glimpse of what life is like back in the United States. I am really excited to see the way in which they live and how different their culture is from ours. I am excited to try new foods, new experiences, and get to know a new language. I have taken 7 years of spanish classes, which seems like a lot, but I do not use it on regular basis so I hope that it all comes back to me when I start hearing people talk!

Tomorrow is approaching very fast and I hope I remember to pack everything that I will need while I am there! Please pray for me to have a safe and exciting experience! I will do my best to update this as much as possible, although I am not sure how much internet access I will get when I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment