Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 14- Sick again


Today when I woke up, I was feeling worse than I was the day before, but I decided to tough it out and go on our hike through the rainforest. On our hike, we learned about a lot of birds, saw a sloth, a kuati, and many insects. We saw a huge tarantula which was cool and scary at the same time! By the end of our hike, I could hardly open my eyes because my head was pounding so hard but I thought maybe a little lunch with some food in my stomach would help me feel a little better. I was wrong. After lunch, I had to cut my day short and go home to bed. I couldn't go to Spanish class, or our Salsa dancing lesson that we were supposed to have this evening. I was so upset being sick in a different country, not being able to call my real mom to tell her I was sick, hardly being able to speak the language to my tico family to tell them that I was sick, and I just wanted some American food to make me feel better. I walked home from lunch and went straight to sleep when I got there. When I woke up, I needed to go out and get some fresh air and plus, I was out of kleenex's, so I walked to the supermarket to by some crackers, kleenex's and I also had to get some chocolate chip cookies because chocolate cures everything! I also stopped by the ice cream store and got some ice cream to make my throat feel better and also my soul too!

I was able to skype my real parents and sister for awhile this afternoon and it was so great to be able to see them and talk to them in English! There is no greater love than the love of family! I think my mama tica knew that I was struggling a bit, so she made some soup for dinner and after dinner, I played with Mathias a little bit (I didn't want him to get sick too, but she told me that I didn't have to stay in my room for the rest of the night!), and then she began talking about her family and love of birds to me. She got out 3 big photo albums and told me story after story (in Spanish) about her different family members and I pulled out the pictures I brought of my family too! We talked for a few hours and then she got on her computer and showed me all her favorite bird pictures that she has taken over the years. She was so passionate about them and after seeing some awesome pictures, we were both really tired and now it is time for bed. I'm hoping the antibiotics will kick in soon so I will feel better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment