Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 16- Volcano and Hot Springs


I started off my day today by having a bologna sandwich with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, ketchup, and mayonnaise for breakfast that my mama tica made for me. The breakfast was topped off with carrot, radish, and lime juice (all mixed together). I was kind of glad this morning that I couldn't taste very well since I am still sick. This is not a typical breakfast you would eat at 6 in the morning in the United States, but here, it was either that or nothing at all! Today we headed towards La Fortuna, which is about 4 hours away from where our homes are. We stopped for a little shopping and lunch before heading to our hotel. When we got to the hotel, our rooms were actually like little cottages with a view of the huge Arenal Volcano right outside our window! It was a little cloudy so we couldn't see much of the top, but it is a gorgeous view and takes your breath away! We had some free time at the pool which is 100% natural and heated by the volcano. The water is between 93-104 degrees Fahrenheit. It was pretty much like swimming in a hot tub the size of a pool! We then were able to relax some more by going to the Eco-Termales Hot Water Springs for a few hours which was awesome! We had dinner there as well and just relaxed for the rest of the night. It was a much needed break from working so hard for two weeks. It also was nice to be somewhere where everyone spoke English and my brain didn't have to think as hard! Sometimes we all need those mental breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment