Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 21- Zip Lining Through the Rainforest

Today we went zip-lining through the rainforest of Costa Rica! This morning we woke up early and were blessed with a beautiful day with lots of sunshine! We drove to the zip lines, got on all of our gear, and with brief instructions and one practice round of how to ride the zip lines, we were headed off in the tram to the very top of the rainforest! I was very nervous to say the least, but I overcame my fears and made it through! After the first zip line, my legs were shaking and felt like jello, but there was no way I was going to miss out on this once in a lifetime experience! There were 9 zip lines in total and it took me until about the 4th one to actually enjoy the view but it was a huge adrenaline rush and a great experience!


We had class when we got back to the CPI, we had a brief class with Dr. Powell before heading to Spanish class. Today's Spanish class was very hard for me because the material we were being taught was very difficult. We were learning 'por' and 'para' which both mean "for" but they you use them for different contexts. Today's class felt like it went on forever, especially after having so much fun this morning, it was hard to sit and learn something really difficult. This reminded me of when students go on field trips for part of the day and come back and have to switch their brains back to learning. It is always hard for the teachers to get the students back on track and pay attention to the material being taught. With this being said, it made me think of things teachers can do when they get back from a field trip and still have material that they need to teach. One of the things that I though of was that they could plan activities that had to do with the field trip they just went on so the students are still able to talk and reflect on their day while learning at the same time. By making the material relevant to what is happening in the students' lives is very important for teachers to do.


By the end of the day, I was exhausted but I stopped and got pizza to bring to my family for dinner. They were very excited about this and seemed to enjoy it a lot because all of the pizza was gone by the end of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment